Roles: (1) Treasurer, Board of Directors; (2) Member, Board of Directors
Location: Toronto, Canada
Start Date: June 1, 2021
Deadline: May 1, 2021
As a non-profit organization supporting artists working with animation. We’re looking to expand our Board of Directors. The Board is the governing body TAIS. It oversees the organization and supports TAIS’ mandate and management in continuing to offer support for artists at all levels of their careers.
We are seeking up to three new Directors, including a Treasurer, equally excited about our mission and values. Members are elected on an annual basis, with the expectation that Directors commit to at least a one-year term.
At present, the Board meets monthly, typically in the evenings for two hours. Board members are also expected to attend the Annual General Meeting which usually takes place in the fall. Meetings currently take place online because of Covid-19 but ideally moving into the future would meet at TAIS’s studios at 1411 Dufferin Street Unit B.
- Guidance and oversight to advance TAIS’ mission and strategic plan
- Monthly meetings at the TAIS office (currently online due to Covid-19)
- Quarterly review of financial statements (for Treasurer specific responsibilities please contact us)
- Option to serve on one or more committees (Fundraising, HR, Marketing)
- Hiring TAIS Executive staff (as needed)
- Contributing to TAIS Board of Directors development
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- prior charitable governance experience;
- expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- finance/accounting background (if interested in Treasurer position);
- charitable/foundation fundraising;
- communications/marketing/media relations;
- animation, art, community arts practice or placemaking;
- engaging diverse communities;
- a commitment to the mission of TAIS
We aim to maintain a diverse board and as such BIPOC, Deaf, people with Disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ+ candidates will be prioritized.
Please submit to Managing Director – Myfanwy Ashmore
(email@example.com) a resume and cover letter outlining your interest in this opportunity and where you feel your skills would be most put to use.
If you have any questions, need assistance with your application, or have an accommodation request, please email us, or give us a call.