Announcing TAIS ANIMATION INTENSIVES Skills Development Courses
Beginning in March through mid-April, TAIS is offering focused opportunities to learn the principles of character design and movement via classic handdrawn animation skills, and techniques for building stop motion puppets. Perfect for beginners and those with experience in animation.
TAIS is also excited to present a Masterclass with award-winning animation artist, Terril Calder.
Sign-up form is available below.
- Class sizes are small to ensure that all participants have opportunities to ask questions and get personal feedback.
- All Non-member course fees come with a one-year TAIS Supporting Membership included. This new membership can be used toward Member discounts for subsequent registrations.
- TAIS is offering a reduced pricing option – 2 subsidized registrations spots are available for each course. Subsidies are available on a first-come, first-served basis, where the request meets basic requirements. To qualify for the subsidy, please fill out the application form, available Here>>
- For all registrants, you have up to 1 week after registration to submit your payment to reserve your spot. If payment is not delivered within 1 week your spot may be given to another registrant.
- Payment can be made by Paypal or EMT (send to email@example.com), or via Cash or Cheque (made out to Toronto Animated Image Society). Payment MUST be made within one week of registration and submitted in full IN ADVANCE of the start date.
- There is a MINIMUM ENROLMENT for all workshops. Workshops that don’t meet the minimum may be cancelled. In the event that a workshop is cancelled, all registrations for that workshop will be refunded in full. NO REFUNDS are permitted in the event of cancellation by the registrant, including failure to attend.
- TAIS reserves the right to alter the course description and hours of the course, as needed, as the course is developed by the instructors. Registrants will be notified as soon as possible of any changes to the workshop information and schedule.
FOR A FULL ANIMATION COURSE DESCRIPTION AND INSTRUCTOR BIO, CLICK THE WORKSHOP TITLE:
PUPPET BUILDING INTENSIVE: 6-week Intro to Puppet Design & Fabrication for Stop Motion with Stephanie Dudley
Tuesday evenings – March 7 to April 11, 2017
Deadline to register is February 20, 2017
6 week Course [one class per week]
Tuesday evenings, 6:30pm-9:30pm | TAIS Studios, 1411 Dufferin Street, Unit B
$360 Non-member / $300 Supporting Member / $240 Studio Member / $150 subsidized
Monday evenings – March 13 to April 3, 2017
Deadline to register is February 27, 2017
4 week Course [one class per week]
Monday evenings, 6:30pm-9:30pm | TAIS Studios, 1411 Dufferin Street, Unit B
$240 Non-member / $200 Supporting Member / $160 Studio Member / $100 subsidized *all available subsidy spots for this course have been booked
Tuesday and Thursday evenings – April 18, 20, and 25, 2017
Deadline to submit your application is March 20, 2017
Evenings, 6:30pm-8:30pm | TAIS Studios, 1411 Dufferin Street, Unit B
$40 All registration*
*All those interested in registering for the Masterclass must submit an application. Limited space is available. See the application form at the bottom of the Masterclass registration form, below.
TAIS Workshops are presented with the support of the Toronto Arts Council, the Ontario Arts Council, and the Canada Council for the Arts