TAIS has five private workstations with diverse graphic and animation software packages (scroll down to see rental prices and booking forms for each station). You must be a TAIS Studio member to access these workstations and other TAIS Equipment. For info on how to become a Studio member, see our ‘Membership’ page HERE.
For a list (additional items being added TBA) of our equipment and software – including the basic packages that come with each of our five work stations – see the Equipment page HERE. Or email us at email@example.com to arrange a tour!
STUDIO RENTAL RATES:
For a full list of what each studio comes with, see the equipment page HERE
|BOOKING RATES||Regular||Subsidized *||Third Party **|
|Studio 1 and 4||$30 Day / $80 Week / $250 Month||$8 Day / $30 Week / $125 Month||$75 Day / $150 Week / $500 Month|
|Studio 2 and 3||$40 Day / $100 Week / $300 Month||$10 Day / $40 Week / $150 Month||$80 Day / $200 Week / $600 Month|
|Studio 5||$50 Day / $150 Week / $500 Month||$15 Day / $50 Week / $200 Month||$100 Day / $300 Week / $800 Month|
*Subsidized rates are for independent artists who can demonstrate that TAIS rates are cost-prohibitive for them. Eligibility will be determined on a case by case basis. To apply for the TAIS subsidy, please fill out the application. You can download the form HERE: DOC | PDF
*For Members approved for Subsidized rates, the Member is required to acknowledge the support of TAIS in all public materials and credits for their project. A guide and resources for acknowledgment can be found on TAIS website www.tais.ca or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
**Third-party rates are for producer-driven projects in which an independent artist is engaged as a contract employee. In these cases, the artist must be Studio member and space cannot be booked prior to seven days in advance of start date.
**For Members paying Regular rates to use TAIS studios and equipment, the Member is required to acknowledge TAIS in the public materials and credits of their project. A guide and resources for acknowledgment can be found on TAIS website www.tais.ca or by contacting email@example.com
*** Third Party users of TAIS studios and equipment are requested to acknowledge TAIS in the credits of their project. A guide and resources for acknowledgment can be found on TAIS website www.tais.ca or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
TO BOOK A STUDIO OR FIELD GEAR PACKAGES:
- You must be a current Studio Member
- Fill out a Studio Booking Form HERE: DOC | PDF
- Submit the Studio Booking Form by email to email@example.com, or by mail to: The Toronto Animated Image Society, 1411 Dufferin, Unit B, Toronto, M6H 4C7. You may also fill out a form in person at the studio.
- If you do not have outside funding for your project in the form of grants or a third-party producer, you qualify for the TAIS Independent Artist Subsidy. To apply for the subsidized rate, you must include a Subsidy form with your Studio booking form. You can download the formHERE: DOC | PDF
- You must read the Studio and Equipment Access Policies. These policies are available online HERE, or can be read in person at the studio. This is imperative as it outlines your obligations and liabilities.
- Please note the booking is not confirmed until the administrative coordinator has confirmed the availability of the desired studio space for the dates requested, payment has been made by cash or cheque, and the booking form – which operates as a contract – has been signed by both parties.
- Upon confirmation and payment, you will be given a receipt.
- A time will be arranged with our studio coordinator for orientation and/or the signout of keys/equipment immediately prior to your rental period.
Please note as per the TAIS mandate, scheduling priority will be given to independent artists as opposed to commercial entities.
TAIS Studio Members maintain rights to the work they create at TAIS.