6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
2D animation workshop with special guest
Creative skills development – Beginner
Limited to 6 participants – first come first serve
May 14, 2018
6:30pm – 9:30pm
@ TAIS – 1411 Dufferin Street, Unit B
TAIS Member $25 / HES Member $25 / Non-member $40
Presented in partnership with the Hand Eye Society
A unique chance to make work with Paloma Dawkins, cartoonist and virtual reality and video game artist based in Montréal. Her recent work includes Gardenarium (GDC Mild Rumpus), Alea (Comics x Games), and Palmystery (A MAZE Johannesburg), all of which can be played here.
For this 3-hour session, Paloma gets back to her cartooning roots. She and 6 lucky participants will each create an animated portrait from their dreams. Using TAIS’ brand new Wacom 22HD Cintiqs, the versatile animation software TV Paint, and open-source software Pencil 2D, the final results will be combined into one trippy morphing exquisite corpse.
More info on Paloma Dawkins animation and illustration is available at www.palomadawkins.ca
TAIS is also pleased to be copresenting a second workshop with Paloma Dawkins and the Hand Eye Society, on May 15th: GARDENING FOR THE 4TH DIMENSION – Unity 3D workshop DETAILS HERE
Sign-up form is available below.
- For all Advance purchase registrants, payment MUST be made in FULL within 14 days of registration or before the day of the workshop (whichever is sooner).
- Payment can be made by Paypal or EMT (send to email@example.com), or via Cash (delivered to Toronto Animated Image Society).
- There is a MINIMUM enrollment requirement for this workshops. If the minimum is not met, the workshop may be cancelled. In the event of cancellation, all registrations will be refunded in full.
- TAIS reserves the right to alter the workshop content, dates or hours, if needed. Full refunds are available if changes to the dates or hours of the class are prohibitive for the registrant. Registrants will be notified as soon as possible of any changes to the class and/or schedule.
- NO REFUNDS are available for modifications to workshop content.
- NO REFUNDS are permitted in the event of cancellation by the registrant, including failure to attend.
ABOUT workshop partner the Hand Eye Society
The Hand Eye Society is a Toronto not-for-profit dedicated to supporting and showcasing videogames made primarily as a form of creative expression. We aim to provide exhibition opportunities, education, creative support, mentorship, knowledge sharing and inspiration to artists, enthusiasts, and the game-curious in Toronto. Founded in 2009, it is one of the first videogame arts organizations of its kind in the world.
TAIS programming is presented with the support of the Ontario Arts Council, and the Canada Council for the Arts