TAIS is seeking passionate animators to teach workshops as part of our Animation City Outreach Program, and our Studio Skills Program.
TAIS Workshop Instructor Position profile:
- TAIS pays our workshop instructors and assistants at rates set in consideration of CARFAC recommended standards for artist fees for presentation/consultation.
- All applicants being considered must first commit to assist with a scheduled workshop prior to being accepted as a primary instructor.
- TAIS workshops vary in length and scope, though most focus on beginner skills in stop motion or hand-drawn animation. New workshop ideas are welcome.
- Most workshops run 3-5 hours in length per day, including set-up. Multi-day workshops are common.
- TAIS works with a pool of instructors, and offers instructor assignments according to the scope of the workshop, the instructor’s skills, and the instructor’s availability.
- Once an instructor commits to teach a workshop, they are expected to attend one half-hour meeting with the Outreach Coordinator for workplan training, paid at the assistant rate.
- Must be a current member of TAIS (Studio Membership required).
- Undergo a vulnerable sector screening through TAIS, and provide a record of a recent Police Record Check
- Prior experience teaching and/or working with people from culturally diverse backgrounds and/or age groups.
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent training or experience in animation production (links to online portfolio may be required).
If you meet the requirements listed above and wish to become a TAIS Workshop Instructor, please submit a cover letter, portfolio links to your work, and a resume outlining your relevant educational and/or teaching experience to email@example.com
Contact Mariam Zaidi at firstname.lastname@example.org