Founded in 1984, the Toronto Animated Image Society (TAIS) operates year round as a non-profit artist-run organization. TAIS is dedicated to exploring and promoting the art of animation through production, screenings, workshops and exhibitions.
As an artist-focused production centre, we provide affordable access to space and equipment; offering services for artists who make animated films within contemporary art practices. We are committed to supporting independent artistic creation of animation, and increasing access by the public to knowledge and appreciation of the art of independent animation.
To support this goal, TAIS programs accessible workshops, public screenings and exhibitions, performances and seminars on topics relating to the art of animation. TAIS is supported by its members and patrons, the Canada Council for the Arts, Ontario Arts Council, Toronto Arts Council, and The Ontario Trillium Foundation. Project funding for the 2016 TAIS Showcase has been provided by the Toronto Arts Council.
QUALIFICATION FOR ENTRIES
- Any frame-by-frame or computer-assisted animated film or video completed within the last 2 years may be entered
- Films must be no more than 10 minutes in length
- Films must be submitted by Monday, May 30th, 2016 (by midnight)
- The person(s) submitting the film must either be the creator of the film or have express permission from the creator of the film to submit it.
- The creator(s) of the film must have the rights or express permission to use all materials used in the film
- Works submitted for selection must be in Quick Time file format, sized at 1920 x 1080 / codec Prores or H264 sound 48hz. Films can be submitted by providing us the Dropbox URL for download, or by sending us a QuickTime movie in the required format on a DVD or USB
- We require two 1920 x 1080 JPG or TIFF still images from the film with each submission
- Brief biography of the filmmaker
- Completed submission form
REGISTRATION AND DEADLINE
- No submission fee is required
- All material must be submitted by Monday, May 30th, 2016 (by midnight) or it will not be considered
- All films are kept within TAIS Library for research purposes only
SCREENING FEES & AWARDS
- TAIS prioritizes the payment of artist fees. Showcase artists will be paid a screening fee for the presentation of their film at the TAIS Animation Showcase 2016
- Awards will be granted by a small jury panel and via an audience choice award